About INTEGRITY™ : Part I
So, a funny thing happened to me today:
One of my coworkers was driving to a Catholic School that has contracted with our company for Firewall Services and ISP Support. See, part of what my department does is buy services from vendors like Astaro and Comcast and then... um... sorta 'resell' these “Information Management Packages” to schools. Theoretically, this is a great deal if the school doesn’t have anyone on staff to do this for them. But, it’s a complete rip off if they actually have a clue. (I’m looking for another job, remember?)
Well, my coworker says to me... from his cell phone while driving to the client site... that unless the client has been switched over to [the ISP], then we’d need to have the client send us their IP Address Block, the Gateway IP, their Subnet Masks… oh, and could we get their DNS Settings, too?
He tells me this as he’s driving to meet Sister Mary Margaret at Our Lady of Immaculate Misconceptions… oh shit. So now I’m thinking, how the hell do I ask our ladies of the cloth, most of whom don’t want internet connections in their schools at all (and have told me as much), that we need this information from them? They don’t even know WHAT this information IS!!!
God help me.






No comments:
Post a Comment