Advent Update

Howdy folks!
I know that some of ya'll actually read my blog. Why you do this, I haven't a clue, but just so you know -- I haven't given up or given in, but I have to put my internet connections on hold for a while (get it? its a joke...)
See, we've moved many many times, and I know that I HATE living in an unsettled, disorganized, messy home with an inconsistent schedule. I loose things, forget things, and let people down. Yuk. Also, knowing that we may only be here two years, I didn't want to let settling in drag out. Why take a year to unpack when I'll just have to pack it up again another year later? So, I gave myself a timeline. I wanted to be completely unpacked, functioning smoothly, and settled in by the end of the year. Why? Because I want to have people over for dinner from time to time next year, and I know we won't do that unless we're settled in. Also, I have these kids who are growing up and needing attention. I have to help them adapt to city living just as much as I have to make sure that I'M adapting to it. This is rather time consuming and draining.
So, there it is. I'll be back...
-- but probably not until after the Mummer's Parade.
Peace Out!
MaMaQ
_______________
photo note: The bassist, the green queen and the lion. It oughta be a c.s. lewis book. picture brought to you by the Greater Overbrook String Band. (notice the mandolin in the background. good Irish city folk, yes?) See them live on New Years day... then have dinner over at my place just a short drive away!





No comments:
Post a Comment