17 July 2007

MvJrnl8: The Power of Fun

Okay Dokay:
I was in a stinkie mood yesterday. But, I'm feeling better now. Besides, today I'm quitting my job.

The world will not come to an end (either at my office or at home or at church.) Life may be annoying sometimes. But Life is Good. So, I've decided to try to have fun.

See, I have this problem. Sometimes I care too much - that is - I care so much that it makes me worry. Worrying is not good. There are way too many variables that I cannot control. So, what can I do? Chill out and try to have fun. Fun does not mean irresponsibility. I must still go to work, pack boxes, and plan for our future... but I might as well have fun while doing it.

Now, this is important. This means something.

We tend to say, as Christians, that we should 'lay our burdens down.' (Q was actually reminding me of this... oh... just yesterday.) But what the heck does that mean? write it on a bit of paper and throw it into the campfire at our next church retreat? Well, if that helps you, it's a fine little ritual. But, the meaning behind it is a bit more esoteric. It means --- STOP WORRYING SO MUCH. And, what is the point of this little exercise? To Find Joy. Have Fun. Chill. Love. All that stuff.

Anywho - I think I've got a lot to work on regarding this matter. I am a natural worrywort. Therefore, I must be diligent and conscientiously try to... Have Fun!

Peace Out,
MrsQ

2 comments:

wezlo said...

Yes, I am glad that you've confessed this. Breathe, the water flows around the moving truck...

metallurge said...

In my own life, God has repeatedly put me in situations where my worrying tendencies would have completely controlled me, back when I was not a believer. Eventually, the shock therapy must have worked, because my faith is way stronger and my worrying tendencies are greatly diminished.

Sometimes great good can come from highly stressful times like these.

God's grace is sufficient, for His power is made perfect in weakness. My life verse. May His grace be made perfect in your weakness.