11 January 2008

What a Wreck!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I've got a story for ya...

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

It was a dark and stormy night, when a green car being driven by a woman was rear-ended by a dude from New Jersey. (the sexist image from iStock photo is so close, yet so far...)

- - - - - - - -

Bad News: I was in a car accident with two kids in the car last night.

Good News: Everyone’s fine

Bad News: The car may be totaled

Good News: We could use a new car

Bad News: I wasn’t at fault, but I don’t have car insurance

Good News: It was Jim’s Car

Bad News: It was Jim’s Car

Good News: It happened on a Jersey Bridge so it won’t take points off my PA license

Bad News: We’ll be down to one car for a little while

Good News: We just got AAA+, so maybe they’ll spot a cheap rental

Bad News: This is going to be really annoying

Good News: I’d rather be annoyed than in the hospital.


Overall, I'm counting my blessings. There were many MANY things that could have gone much MUCH worse last night. I might just write up the full story of God-incidences once I have the time... and once the pan out.

I'm still worried about many things yet to come, but we got a call from a "3rd party representative" who indicated that the other party will be paying for damages. (whether this means that lawyers were contacted by the Jersey driver INSTEAD of an insurance rep, I don't know...)

But, I'm back, it's a new year, and we're all healthy.

So, I am thankful.

------------
PS: I don't feel guilty about stealing the image because it's sexist. Serves 'em right. :-P

3 comments:

wezlo said...

Wait, you don't have insurance?

Justin said...

Sorry to hear about your accident Sarah. That really sucks.

-Justin (Collins)

MrsQ said...

Jim's car. Jim's insurance is in MA.

So, it was a dark and stormy night when the woman in her car was hit from behind... She was driving a Massachusetts car, had a Pennsylvania drivers license, was his by a New Jersey driver on the Ben Franklin Bridge -- which is managed by the Delaware River Port Authority.

The officer gave me a $30.ticket for giving him too much paperwork on a rainy night.

Crappy, ain't it?

We still havn't gotten any $$ from anyone.