14 April 2007

Churchiness

In honor the Colbert Report's delightful term "Truthiness", I have decided to announce the term "Churchiness."

Just as Truthiness represents the reality that one does not need to earnestly BE True if one lends the appearance of Truth, Churchiness depicts a group of people that do not actually need to BE the Church just so long as they lend the appearance of Church.

The term Churchiness has been divinely* inspired by the bastardly self-centered and asinine behaviour of many self-professed Christians I have come to know at our "Church". Previously, I had a pigeon-hole/category called on my little blog called "Church", but the mere quotes simply did not convey the level of absolute animosity I feel for this piece of crap institution. Therefore, I do hereby officially coin the term "Churchiness".

Now all I need is a Wikipedia account so that I can post it... and make it truthy.


*after all, if they think so highly of themselves, why shouldn't THEIR word be gospel? Christian means "Little Christs", right? Well then, they must be little gods! Obey them or perish, knaves!

3 comments:

ProfK said...

Sorry, love. Someone beat you to it:

Churchiness

MrsQ said...

Sweet. But the stub is lame. It needs the nourishment of additional fertilizer to make it grow and flourish. :-)

Next time I awake at 4:00am and cannot return to sleep, I will log in to wikipedia...

Ah, the power of the Truthiness!!!!

ProfK said...

While there is a post in wikipedia as well, the one I linked to was in "wikiality" which in truth is even MORE fun ;-)