Move Journal One: The Pain Begins
Okay, I'm getting distracted... with potentially devastating results. I cannot afford hobbies, the indulgences of higher philosophy, or shiny things right now… lest I leave my family homeless and without income.
So, here’s the deal:
For the next… indeterminate period / foreseeable future… the entire well being of my family will depend upon me. Literal food, clothing, shelter. Our safety in the moment and the future in which we hope. It ALL relies upon whether or not I can make good and informed decisions. It ALL depends upon my ability to provide financially for our household.
We are a ‘paycheck to paycheck’ family, and we are moving… on faith… faith in my ability to get a job that will provide for the household. The kind of household that will be provided depends ENTIRELY upon ME. Miracles are nice, but I’ve come to realize that some miracles take a lot of work to get rolling.
Because I love my family, I cannot allow myself to become distracted by shiny objects on the internet. I cannot even allow myself to become too distracted by my own family. I have to burn the candles at both ends in order to both WORK and to FIND WORK… WHILE MOVING. In order to have the opportunity to play tomorrow, I must work, work and work today.
Therefore, this marks the first of my Move Journals. If I do not visit your sites or comment on your blogs, I still love you. I just can’t think about anything right now but the survival of my family. I will write here because writing helps to keep me sane. I may even post something fluffy, tweak a picture, or look at Icanhascheezeburgers for a while, but this will only be to unwind so that I might sleep well for the next day’s hell.
But most importantly – please pray for us. These next few… months… (?)… will not be fun. I will not be happy. But I must cleave to Peace lest I become insane.
Peace out,
MrsQ





No comments:
Post a Comment