3 days of rest
I have survived my time alone, and Q is on his way home at this very moment. Tomorrow, I leave for a brief vacation with my Mom and the Minor Prophets while Q presents at SBL Regional up here in New England. (pray for him, will ya? his paper was choking him last week.)
And, I have actually had a time of rest. Go figure.
Cleaning on Sunday was a good idea. I then had a pleasant stay in my slightly less cluttered apartment after that, and didn't feel guilty about watching videos, making fun dinners, having a small glass of wine & then hogging the bed all night. Then, even though I've worked these past three days, I could sleep in another 30-45 minutes because I had no children to prepare. Wow. And you know what? I slept. Well. I didn't wake up and them come back to bed, I didn't toss and turn. I just... SLEPT.
I cannot express how much nicer this week at the office seemed. I was still very busy trying to fit 5 days of work into 3, but I was rested and in a good mood... And NOW, I get to play in the forest with my children and have Mom-Bonding-Time with my maternal-parental-caregiver. Yay!
I'll bring my computer, but I may not log on. :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment