Random Thoughts on Transition
POSTS: I don't usually post this much. I think I've been burning bad karma or something. Actually, I've been pretty stressed out about... everything in life, so feeling rejected after church these past weeks as been especially difficult.
STRESS RELIEF: I find that creativity & art help relieve my stress. But, I'm packing up the sewing machine and there's no time/space for painting. Playing with pictures on the computer might be good for me.
MOVING HUBBIE: Q has been wonderful lately. Of course, HE's moving to a city where friends and family live. Me? I'll have his friends and family... but I'll still have to drive about three hours to visit any of my relatives or old buddies. At least I'm closer. BUT, it's still just another a strange city to me and I'm still scared. Visiting a city and sleeping in a dorm in a city is very different than raising a family there.
HOMELESSNESS: We're starting the housing search. This is the scariest part of the move for me. I've put up with some sick work environments, but I want the best I can afford for my children... which may not be much. Unfortunately, the job will come after the housing (I'll have to temp while interviewing.) So, pray for housing. And, pray for a great job, too. But really... pray for a good peaceful urban home to live in. Yes?
JOBLESSNESS: I'm in a slump with my job hunt. I've sent out lots of higher ed acad. administration job apps. Now I need to focus on higher ed finance. Then, there's the monster jobs in project coordination and finance. I'm hitting a glass ceiling with Fin/HR, because the mid-career jobs all require degrees I don't have. Yuk.
LAST TIME: When we moved to Boston, we were homeless for about two months and jobless for about five months. It killed my credit. Since we don't have that spare tire to run on any more, I don't want to move to Philly if we don't have a place to live and some kind of work lined up. Sigh. Better prepare for a year of temping and locking the kids inside the house to keep them safe.
MY MOM: My mom is coming to visit this weekend. She wants to do all of the sightseeing in Boston she's been putting off these past six years. I love my mom, but this is really annoying. There's sightseeing that I've wanted to do, too - but could never afford. She's getting this great museum pass... so that we can finally see the city that's been financially out of reach all this time. It's really kind of depressing.
MY KIDS: I think that the boys are picking up on my stress. All they do is complain. Why? Maybe because I'll that I've been doing is complaining? So, what do I do - pretend to be happy? No - I've gotta work this out with them. It' not going to be easy. But as Dumbledore once said "there will come a time when we must decide between doing what is right, and doing what is easy."





2 comments:
What, I'm not an "old buddy" living in the strange city?
Aw come on... can't you let me be a little melodramatic?
It'll be great to be in 'hanging out' range again, But you and I both know that most of the time you'll be coming over to play with Q - or to 'help our sons trade pokemon'...
;-)
Post a Comment